MONOPOLY RUN
 Saturday 9th April 2022
  Scout Park, Haringey, London
 
THE LONDON MONOPOLY RUN
The London Monopoly Run is a competition open to Explorers, Networks, Senior Section Girlguiding and their Leaders. We welcome teams from across the UK and abroad

HOMECOSTREGISTERPRIZESDOCUMENTSCONTACT US

** JULY 2021 UPDATE **

We are planning on resumption of The Monopoly Run on 9th April 2022. We are reviewing additional precautions to ensure a safe environment.

** Monopoly Run Ė Covid Ė 08.09.20 Important update **

As you know the situation with Coronavirus continues to evolve with almost daily changes at both local and national levels.

There are a number of factors we have to consider in relation to the Monopoly Run event, including guidance and directives made by The Scout Association; UK Government/Public Health England; and of course feedback from leaders, participants and parents. At the moment the general readiness level for UK Scouting is Amber with some variations at Red where local outbreaks have occurred.

Although there have been recent amendments to the Amber readiness level to allow indoor activities, there are still many changes required to operate the Monopoly Run safely and in the way we have done in the past. There remains in place restrictions on large gatherings and general guidance is to avoid public transport where possible.

This means that at the current Amber readiness level we are unable to offer camping or gathering at Scout Park, and must avoid putting people at risk of Covid-19 from unnecessary use of public transport. There is also uncertainty as to when scouting will move to Yellow or Green readiness.

As previously stated our top priority is to ensure the health, safety and well-being of those attending the London Monopoly Run, and in addition we want to avoid endangering vulnerable people in your families and communities by potentially exposing and encouraging the spread of the virus by participants.

It is therefore with great regret that we will be cancelling this yearís event which we had rescheduled to 31st October 2020, and have arranged a new date for next year of 10th April 2021.

If you have a booking with us you have some choices:

  1. Transfer your booking (including camping and food options) over to the new date at the same cost as this yearís event

  2. Cancel your booking and receive a full refund on money already paid (see email with link sent to all teams in March)

  3. Purchase 2020 badges@£2.50 and wristbands @£0.50p

If we don't hear from you we will automatically transfer across your booking to next year and of cause you still have the option at any time for a full refund.

At the moment we donít know what will happen in relation to Coronavirus but when we do run the event we will be introducing additional safety and social distancing measures to keep everyone safe. This may mean an increase in the cost per person for new bookings but we will ensure to keep the cost the same for any teams transferring their booking to the new date.

Virtual London Monopoly Run Competition
As we are unable to meet physically we plan to run a virtual London Monopoly Run from 24th to 31st October 2020. Online either as a team or individually you will have up to 12 hours to hunt down places around London and win prizes! Entry cost will be via the purchase of one or more badges. More details about this competition will be provided in the next few weeks.

If you have any questions please email us info@monopolyrun.com

 

** Monopoly Run Postponement - 14.03.20 22:00 **

Further to the previous update on our position around Coronavirus and the worsening situation in the UK, we have taken the decision to postpone the event due to take place on 18th April 2020. We feel under the current circumstances it would not be responsible for us to try and run the event at this time. As previously stated our top priority is to ensure the health, safety and well-being of those attending the London Monopoly Run, and in addition we want to avoid endangering vulnerable people in your families and communities by potentially exposing and encouraging the spread of the virus by participants. It is also likely that the Government will impose social distancing policies by banning large gatherings, and recommendations on using public transport only where necessary.

Obviously this is a huge disappoint for you and your teams; and for us in our time and effort to provide a fantastic event.

However, our plan now is to rescheduling the event to the 31st October 2020. Of course at the moment we canít guarantee what will happen with Coronavirus but the suggestion is that things will be back to normal by then. We are also aware this may clash with other events and then you will need to make a choice.

We will offer to transfer your booking over to this new date, or for you to receive a full refund on payments made to-date if you wish to cancel. Further details on this will be sent to each booking contact next week. In respect to camping and food options at Scout Park this will remain the same.

Iíd like to thank everyone who completed the survey, as it was very useful to understand your thoughts and reach a final decision.

If you have any questions please email us info@monopolyrun.com

 

** CORONAVIRUS - IMPORTANT MESSAGE - 09.03.20 12PM **

The news surrounding the increasing cases of Coronavirus in the UK is obviously a huge concern for all of us. Our top priority is always to ensure the health, safety and well-being of those attending the London Monopoly Run, so we wanted to provide you with an update in relation to the event.
At this point in time we are still planning for the London Monopoly Run to go ahead on 18th April but are closely monitoring the situation to ensure that we take the right decision. At the moment there are no restrictions on holding public gatherings or events of this size.
Ultimately any decision we make will be based on several factors, and include guidance and directives made by the UK Government, World Health Organization (WHO), Public Health England (PHE), and The Scout Association. We will also need to consider the views from Leaders, parents and participants as to whether itís sensible to go ahead whilst there are uncertainties of how this will develop over the coming weeks and months.
Should advice change and we decide that the Monopoly Run cannot take place, then we will let you know as soon as possible. Our current contingency would then be to postpone the event to later in the year.
The NHS provides information on the Coronavirus here, and we have updated the Monopoly Run Risk Assessment to provide guidance on prevention.

 

©monopolyrun.org, all rights reserved | Charity number: 303648